Such a Pity.....!!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Such a Pity.....!!

Post by morvio100 »

Rotherly Park by Leigh Seaman....such a pity these designers just stop, chunking away at the APCD and just suddenly stop designing courses, what an amazing creation, start up on the APCD again...!!...good old Lez Marwick is back designing again I hear...well done Lez I say//.... :thumbup:
pmgolf

Re: Such a Pity.....!!

Post by pmgolf »

Maybe it's a pity, but for me, I'm really glad he spent those six and a half years designing 6 courses for Links. That's a long time to do something that provides so few rewards. Maybe it's time for you to learn the APCD like a lot of us are doing. It's not as impossible as I once thought it was, especially with the tools that are available now (ie. Google Earth) that weren't available then. You might have a classic course brewing somewhere in your repressed skills!

Pete
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

You may have a point there Pete....the APCD looks as intimating as Ahernes Valderrama in windy conditions...I did dl it...and ran the update associated with it.. I imported Sages Lighthouse course, it loaded then crashed...cant get the Links extender V2 to work either. lol...much admiration for the level of work those guys put in ....upload and don't expect monetary gain.... :clapping: .mucho respecto....will probably start a tinkering around with unlocked courses for fun at some stage...and see how goes.....
Last edited by morvio100 on April 21st, 2022, 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

A good place to start is to use one of sagevanni's courses. He doesn't lock them and they are a terrific learning tool to get someone started. Find one you like - or would like more if the fairways or greens were a little different. Download it, and change the name of the .CRZ file (important). Install APCD 1.5. Then go here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49

Copy it and paste it into WordPad and save the file. Wordpad saves the links so you can click on them. Lez Marwick did a wonderful job on them!

Do steps 1 thru 12 using the .CRZ file you downloaded. Repeat viewing each step as many times as you need to to become familiar with them and take notes. Keep in mind that it's very important to do each step - in the correct order - when you encounter a procedure for doing something like "using the Terrain Painter". While you're doing this, some kind of fungus starts growing in your brain, and you will find yourself thinking "Hey! This isn't as hard as I thought it would be!" That's when it's time to replace the fairway or green texture on your sample course - do a "validate and save", and take the course into Links and see what you've accomplished!

It really is an amazing tool!

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks for the mention Pete.............and I welcome anyone to use my courses as long as they follow your instructions.

Sage........... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I did 11 courses over 12 years, but don't seem to be able to find the time these days :wallbash:

I's love to be able to do some more courses for The DP World Tour :pcwhack:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: April 20th, 2022, 6:06 pm I did 11 courses over 12 years, but don't seem to be able to find the time these days :wallbash:

I's love to be able to do some more courses for The DP World Tour :pcwhack:
Sometimes life gets in the way of what we'd like to do.
No matter where you go, there you are.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Cheers Pete, will dl it, and have a tinker around when time allows, thanks for the instructions.... :cheers1: