Anyone purchased Links Country Club courses?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Anyone purchased Links Country Club courses?

Post by Still Linksing »

I am trying to find out if the Links courses for sale at Links Country Club come with a course file with the .CRX extension?
These course files were courses for the old Links LS series. I know in the past they did come in the zip file if you purchased one of those courses for Links 2001/2003.

Can anyone tell me if the .CRX course files still come with purchased courses for Links 2003?

https://www.linkscountryclub.com/courses
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
morvio100

Re: Anyone purchased Links Country Club courses?

Post by morvio100 »

IMO....don't bother we the Microsoft courses ...regardless of extensions....the designers on here have produced far superior courses..I dl'd the all in/deal of the game and 47 courses/and I think I deleted most of them....
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

I'm trying to find out if .CRX are included for past Links game version reasons, not for use in Links 2003.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
dick burt

Post by dick burt »

do you want to play the crx course file in links 2003? can't be done.
this can be done by using the course convertor to crz. for free on the links country club site
or do you want to play the crx course file in an older version of links
tried to download bountiful & the zip file came a crz file
my 2 cents..
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

dick burt wrote: April 16th, 2022, 5:18 pm do you want to play the crx course file in links 2003? can't be done.
this can be done by using the course convertor to crz. for free on the links country club site
or do you want to play the crx course file in an older version of links
tried to download bountiful & the zip file came a crz file
my 2 cents..
No, I just want to know if the CRX files can still be purchased for the old Links LS games.
It appears from what you posted, you are only given an already converted CRZ file now.
They did include the original CRX file along with the CRZ years ago when you purchased one of the old Links LS courses.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I bought Pinehurst #8 as that was the last course of the LS series I didn't own. Unfortunately it was the converted file and not the crx. I enquired to the owner of the site that since I paid for the course could I have the crx version as well. He said he'd take a look for it but never got back to me so in short, the crx courses are probably not available.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Guitarzan wrote: April 16th, 2022, 9:47 pm I bought Pinehurst #8 as that was the last course of the LS series I didn't own. Unfortunately it was the converted file and not the crx. I enquired to the owner of the site that since I paid for the course could I have the crx version as well. He said he'd take a look for it but never got back to me so in short, the crx courses are probably not available.
Ok, thanks, guess it appears quite certain they no longer include them with CRZ's. I know in the past they did so it seems now one must find these CRX courses on eBay or wherever else. I do have all of them myself so I'm not actually chasing any.
Golf Sim Clubhouse