The future of old golf games

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Re: The future of old golf games

Post by Still Linksing »

FLIPPER2021 wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 9:10 pm I was just wondering, is there enybody that knows where can I dowload designer courses for JN6 GOLDEN BEAR CHALLANGE
I only got the courses that came out with the game
THANKS
Just about everything ever created for JN6 will be at GSC. Keep a watch there. People are sorting through the files now but will take a while. There are masses of files.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Guitarzan wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 3:40 pm Great news! Nice to find a forum I wasn't previously aware of. I've played and enjoyed all of these with my favorite still being Links 1999.
All Links versions will be represented there and you know me, the LS series is my fav.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Tried again and this is what I get. Same Email I have used for years and the password.
Tried to register.png
Tried to register.png (117.03 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I also had a problem. I'm using Firefox. When trying to type in my name to create a Login Profile I get this message:
"This connection is insecure. Logins entered here could be compromised. LEARN MORE:"
The "LEARN MORE" suggested I contact the Site Manager and confirm the site is secure. I did not provide a screen shot as the Warning Window did not show up in the screenshot. I continued on anyway and got a similar screen to Daniel. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but if I remember correctly Firefox has a feature that allows users to overide these kind of Alerts. I just need confirmation that the site is O.K. and I will figure out how to overide.

Captain Nemo :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Blade

Post by Blade »

I'm In :clapping:
shagboy

Post by shagboy »

The site does not use HTTPS so it will get flagged by your browser as "not secure". Basically means if a site is HTTP there is not an encrypted connection between the site and your browser. HTTPS is quickly becomming the standard and I was surprised this site did not use it.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

shagboy wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 1:48 am The site does not use HTTPS so it will get flagged by your browser as "not secure". Basically means if a site is HTTP there is not an encrypted connection between the site and your browser. HTTPS is quickly becomming the standard and I was surprised this site did not use it.
Thanks for posting this technical info. Here is hoping the site managers read it.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

See posts below. :thumbup:
Last edited by Still Linksing on April 3rd, 2022, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Daniel wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 10:13 pm Tried again and this is what I get. Same Email I have used for years and the password.
You should be good to register now Daniel. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Captain Nemo wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:06 pm I also had a problem. I'm using Firefox. When trying to type in my name to create a Login Profile I get this message:
"This connection is insecure. Logins entered here could be compromised. LEARN MORE:"
The "LEARN MORE" suggested I contact the Site Manager and confirm the site is secure. I did not provide a screen shot as the Warning Window did not show up in the screenshot. I continued on anyway and got a similar screen to Daniel. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but if I remember correctly Firefox has a feature that allows users to overide these kind of Alerts. I just need confirmation that the site is O.K. and I will figure out how to overide.

Captain Nemo :cheers1:
I use Firefox as well and it's overly cautious throwing you out warnings on all sorts of silly things. It doesn't like the HTTP as shagboy mentioned. The HTTPS is important if you are passing on sensitive personal information for example a bank website.

However, you can also access the site using HTTPS. Use the link below and it should resolve all issues. Firefox will now love you. :clapping: :thumbup:

https://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/index.php

I'll change the link in the opening post as well. I've had the HTTP link bookmarked for years now. Back then Firefox likely didn't have the flag in place.
Golf Sim Clubhouse