Tailor the game/round.....

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
charliemor53

Tailor the game/round.....

Post by charliemor53 »

..... to fit the course.
I'll admit, that to the Links 'veterans' around here: smile:, this motto/adage is as old as the hills.
Nevertheless, since I installed a superb Radeon RX-660 Eagle graphics card, and invested in a Quad HD 27" monitor (2560x1440@144Hz), the whole experience is more immersive and realistic.
Even though I am not using Links, the game I am using has 2-click swing, with the gauge being vertical like a thermometer.
Sometimes, I am on a roll; other times I am a complete 'numpty' (to quote a word often used by the younger relatives in my family :rofl: )
I frequently have a really bad time on some holes, with bogeys, and double bogeys appearing.
It's at those moments that readjusting my expectations - i.e. tailoring the desired score somewhat differently- comes into play.
This, I think probably applies to most of the members here.
It's just taken this sixty something golfer a tad longer to re-learn them.
After all, no power swing or tools in the game I am playing.
Just good judgement and patience. :thumbup:
Golfer Charlie.
Case, Mini Tower
Motherboard, MSI H510M-A PRO
CPU, Intel Pentium Gold G6500
Memory. 8GB, Crucial
Storage, 750GB Crucial SSD
Sound, on board Realtek HD Audio
Graphics: Radeon RX6600 Eagle.
Captain Nemo

Re: Tailor the game/round.....

Post by Captain Nemo »

What game are you using? :smile:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: