Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
mccoist

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by mccoist »

Thanks, I've got a half done course that I haven't opened in 5 years if I ever get the bug back.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

The linkster's await your genius....your fictional courses are superb...can only imagine the mastery you would apply if you were to ever try your hand at a real course (having said that am now fully aware of the level of work they require)... :fcrossed: , Ian Wells has done some superb work on the Victoria National, ...if time allows hopefully you'll get the bug.... :clapping: ....Aherne/Rob Miller have done some terrific real courses also as have so many others....good old Links2k3 is good hands with all of the above....
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

morvio100 wrote: April 29th, 2022, 8:37 pm The linkster's await your genius....your fictional courses are superb...can only imagine the mastery you would apply if you were to ever try your hand at a real course (having said that am now fully aware of the level of work they require)... :fcrossed: , Ian Wells has done some superb work on the Victoria National, ...if time allows hopefully you'll get the bug.... :clapping: ....Aherne/Rob Miller have done some terrific real courses also as have so many others....good old Links2k3 is good hands with all of the above....
...and my services are always available...😉
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

gene_golf wrote: September 30th, 2021, 9:18 pm
PinHi wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:46 pm Carolina Pines by Mat Leclair Par 71 7147 yds. A pine forest setting with a low mountain panorama. Fairways and greens are good and plays great. Has water on it that will come into play. Another oldie 2001 but goldie. No cart path so you will need to walk this one. Breeze and occasionally gusty wind will be enough. A good one. :smile:
Which version of this course are you using? I ask this as not showing on list of possible courses to download. I have version 2 and there is a huge problem involving 3rd hole. Other than using 0 pin placement for hole #3 all other pin placements are 2,000 yards away. I have messed around with APCD adding pins to 3rd green to make this hole playable, other than just having the lone good location. If you have a different version that is not messed up it would be nice for you to share with rest of group. Provided that you also have v2 or version 2 as I have, then I am surprised that you had not seen this problem or to have checked out whether course is still possibly able to download and it is not that I can see.
2001 Carolina Pines V.2 - Discontinued
Mat Leclair 814 Fictional Woodland 21.0 2002-03-14
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... at+Leclair
Note here as I was playing through courses have---I came across that Mat LeClair updated this course giving it a new name of Pine National. https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=890
Reviewed by Joe Turner `Loner' May 2002
Part of the readme: Originally designed as Carolina Pines.
Mat commented: "I have made many changes for the better in this course. I have re-planted everything and I have added some fences. I have designed a new hole for the par 3 11th. It is a new par 3 that has many more challenges that accompany it. It is also the signature hole here. It is a beautiful downhill par 3 with the mountains in the background."
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Royal Lytham and St ANNES 2020....Masterpiece...Perfection...congrats to all involved... :cheers1:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Just played the R Miller ....Engineers in Fall...what a peach...dang that guy was a texturing genius...what a designer, anyone know what courses he tried his had at on Perfect Golf ?? (or if he is still designing courses for Perfect Golf...? pity know one knows his whereabouts( or can convince him to get back hacking away at the APCD for L2K3.. just think Linksters, were getting all this guys work for "free" these days...think all his stuff was P2P back in the day..rumour has it old R Miller went off the deep end with all that money ...ran up serious gambling debts in Vegas...and was buried by the Mob somewhere near the 18th green on TPC Las Vegas ...unconfirmed....also rumoured is Hollywood is getting in on the act...and has bought the rights to his life story..RIP to good old R Miller... :cheers1:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Casten Acres...the best fictional course I've played yet...Peter Beckwith created a bit of a masterpiece here...his other 4 real courses are also superb...dl'd Ridgewood today was missing that one somehow....5 courses and all 5 get a 5 out of 5 fabulous touches throughout, fabulous APCD work, many many hours must have been devoted to those courses. The finesse to those bunkers on Casten Acres is just wonderful great work, just like Crutis Sims ....they didn't design many, but their work is top notch and will stand the test of time...mucho respecto to Peter Beckwith :thumbup: , dont know if his courses are listed on the most dl'd Links course database list..as all are in Beta..but they certainly should be !!!.... :clapping:
Last edited by morvio100 on July 13th, 2022, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 11:04 pm ...Peter Beckwith ...his other ... courses are also superb.
Don't have any of these. Three are BETA, I tend to ignore those but since downloading the Oakmont BETA I've learned to check those out now (especially when they were released YEARS ago, I realize none of these are ever going to have a final version. What a shame.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm getting all 4 as we speak...
(I'm also going to upload screenshots for all these)
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Go for it mig !!!.....there worthy of the most dl'd course database list...its a pity there in Beta...but their flawless ...