Shadow Creek & Covid...

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Danny D

Shadow Creek & Covid...

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys. Just wanted to mention a word about my progress on Shadow Creek and some of my recent problems.

A few days before Christmas some relatives dropped by unexpectedly for a visit. One of them gave my wife and I a case of Covid for Christmas. On the 23rd of December I started running a low-grade fever of 100.9, so I took a Covid test to see if I had it. Sure enough I tested positive. I tested my wife a couple of days later, and she was also positive.

Because of our health conditions, she and I have stayed quarantined in our home ever since the vaccines were released, and neither of us have had the shots. My wife has severe rheumatoid and cannot walk on her own, and I had cancer and had just began chemo therapy. The chemo would have killed the vaccine anyway, and my doctors told me to avoid it for now. I'm glad we did. I also have a heart condition, and as we are finding out, they are learning that the vaccines are killing some people with particular heart ailments. We have a registered nurse that comes by once a month for regular checkups and medications for us both. When we caught Covid, no one would come to the house any more, especially our cleaning ladies. They used to pick up our groceries every week and do the needed house cleaning. All of that stopped on Dec 23rd, and I have been trying to cook and clean and take care of my wife and 2 indoor cats by myself all this time.

The Covid actually hit me harder than the chemo therapy and I have been miserable and extremely fatigued. It was all I could do to keep up with the necessary chores all this time, but now the Covid is gone and I'm starting to regain my strength. I'm still not doing so great, but at least I'm slowly improving. The cleaning ladies have came back now and a big load has been taken off of me. That helps a lot.

I had been working on Shadow Creek pretty regular up until Covid, but when that hit me, I lost all interest in the computer and went into survival mode. I have SC about 30% completed, and still have a lot to go. Eventually I hope to feel like getting back to work on it, but I have a bad case of "Covid Fog" and my brain is a muddled mess. I can't think straight and have no patience for it just yet. I do intend to get back to it as soon as I can get my head straight again. It's been a rough few weeks.

I just wanted to mention this for those that may be curious about my progress with it. Please wish me luck and a speedy recovery, and I'll catch you all later.

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
John B

Re: Shadow Creek & Covid...

Post by John B »

Thank you for the update Dan. Obviously the number one thing is for you and your wife to return to health. Shadow Creek can wait. Please take care, I wish you and your wife all the best on your recovery.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Hey Dan! It's interesting that you just caught Covid like you did. My wife and I also caught Covid around Dec. 22nd or 23rd for the first time. We had all our shots along with the three boosters! The timing was bad - we couldn't go visit with a couple of grandchildren (we have 20) who live in different states and were in town visiting for Christmas.

The impact of Covid was pretty mild, considering. Low fever for a couple of days. I had some vigorous chills a couple of times. We lost interest in food and took many naps. All is ok now, though, three or so weeks later. Hope you get completely over it soon!

Pete
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Glad you're on the mend! You come first, Shadow Creek is way down the list. :thumbup:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,
:cheers1: Here's to a healthy 2023 for both you and your wife, and for all the linksters out there. :cheers1:
Ian
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Ian Wells wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:08 pm Dan,
:cheers1: Here's to a healthy 2023 for both you and your wife, and for all the linksters out there. :cheers1:
Ian
Ditto