POOR JIM NANZ

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

POOR JIM NANZ

Post by Jimbo »

Another weekend in the "frozen wild" :rofl: of Orchard Park, NY broadcasting a Buffalo Bills game.
Here's a guy who lives in Pebble Beach (nice, warm Pebble Beach with lots of golf) having to fly into what can best be described as "inclement weather"...AGAIN. :whistle:
Don't worry Jim, the PGA resumes next month...at Kapalua! :thumbup:

BTW, my Super Bowl prediction is Buffalo (Wide Right) :rofl: against...wait for it...

:clapping: THE DETROIT LIONS!!!!

Any takers? :whistle:
dko

Re: POOR JIM NANZ

Post by dko »

Well, the Lions HAVE been looking pretty good lately, and they have the 2007-08 and 2011-12 Giants to use as models.

By the way, Mr. Nantz will want his "T" back...for Kapalua that is. :whistle:
Doug
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Not meaning to try and outdo the Links Corner Nit-Picker I have a few nit-picks to add

1. Mr Nantz has been spending a lot of time on the East Coast of late as he was here in Detroit on Thanksgiving Day (not exactly a warm day!) and was in Minnesota the following week and then Buffalo this week.

2. NBC and Golf Channel have been the broadcast home of the TOC for quite a few years and CBS doesn't pick up until The Farmers at Torrey Pines the last week of January.

3. To even utter a Super Bowl prediction with the Detroit Lions in it should be cause for immediate drug/alcohol testing. Trust me I've watched/suffered for 52 years, this is the only franchise that could go undefeated in the preseason and not win a game in the regular season (2008). They also ran off two generational talents to walk away from the game early (Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson). Could hire a recent Super Bowl winning coach and make him look like he's never coached football before (Steve Mariucci). I could go on and on, as they have had the same slogan "Rebuilding Since 1957".

Thanks for letting me rant, the Lions have been looking pretty good of late and will somehow find a way to let me down again this year.

Jim

PS-I am also a Cubs fan and saw them win a World Series after 100+ years so I do know that it is possible.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Jim-next thing you'll be telling me you're a Maple Leaf fan!
As for Jim Nanz's "T", he left it at Pebble Beach at the first hole knowing that someday they'll be reunited! :rofl:

BTW, Buffalo and Cleveland playing their game under the roof in Detroit?
Wimps! The CFL has played in weather like that...almost every year...ask the folks in Edmonton, Regina or Winnipeg! :clapping: :naughty: :yes: :rofl:

That's right-the nitpicker is back at work-even though I've taken an oath of silence regarding demo courses I can still be a sunufabich on the other threads!
BTW-I lef my "sunufabich "T" at Pebble Beach with Jim Nanz's "T". :laugh:
The other "T" is at Augusta. :thumbup:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:03 am Jim-next thing you'll be telling me you're a Maple Leaf fan!
My neighbor has a large, old Maple tree.
Don't know about Jim, but I am not a fan of Maple Leaves!
No matter where you go, there you are.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

My neighbor has a large, old Maple tree.
Don't know about Jim, but I am not a fan of Maple Leaves!
We call em Maple Laffs ("we" meaning Habs fans).
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I used to be a little bit of a Leafs fan, but after Don Cherry got sacked from Hockey Night in Canada I allowed my wife to cut the cord losing my access to CBC, missing out on Hockey Night in Canada and a few curling events but I've been able to watch the Brier and Scotties through ESPN Watch which kind of makes up for the few events on CBC.

I was hoping a little bit of the Lions curse would wear off on the Bills as they were the home team here before facing the Lions on Thanksgiving. I do agree that here in Detroit our fanbase is soft as they've played indoors since 1975, first the Silverdome and now Ford Field, but they do bring the noise and provide a little bit of a home field advantage. I do enjoy watching the CFL occasionally when they are on ESPN and playing in the snow.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Jim:

I've been a Wing Nut since the days of Gordie. I've told this story dozens of times but back int 60's he did the first hockey instruction book Royal York Hotel (across the street from where the Leafs play now.) "Hockey Here's Howe" in conjunction with Campbell's Soup. We found out that visiting teams in Toronto stayed there so my mother took me down to see if he would sign it. Not only did he sign it but he introduced us to the rest of the team ("This is Mr. Abel, this is Mr. Delvecchio...") and got them to sign too. For a 12 year kid that was all I needed-the first time I attended a Wings game in Toronto they lost 10-2, but I also got to see a game at the old Olympia (it was an afternoon game :whistle: against St. Louis and they won). He went on a book signing tour when his autobiography was released so I took my son to meet him. The final time was when I went to the Joe to say goodbye.
My friends and I attended a Lions game at the Silverdome-they were playing Dallas and we expected the Cowboys to win big...until Eddie Murray kicked a last play field goal...go figure...
I also attended Vince Carter's first game as a Net at the Palace (almost across the street from the Silverdome. That was a lovely building but sports teams belong downtown (pay attention Ottawa) and that building is also dust. They should have named the new arena the Gordie Howe Olympia and made the Pistons call it by that name!
Now that I'm out here I'm still a Wing Nut but I'm also following with extreme interest what's going on down the road. Aside from the gimmicky name and dreadful unis Ron Francis is doing a great job. It's a good thing that he's accumulated so many draft picks (unlike Vegas) because Seattle's draft pick will be a lot lower than anyone imagined (especially Ron!) I hope to get over to Seattle to see them-the NHL made a very good decision, although I still want to see Quebec come back eventually.

Anyway, back to golf...what's that? They don't start till next month? And CBS doesn't start until the tour gets back to the mainland" It looks like the other Jim will be eating more Wings! :laugh:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

WHERE WAS NANZ TODAY!!!???

Is he mad because I forgot the "T"?
Did he think that they were moving the game to Detroit???
Speaking of Detroit-OK Lions, it's your turn...you gave them a run a few weeks ago-let's see how tough you really are (to be this high in the standings so late in the season!).

And with the Super Bowl being played in Glendale...that's as close as Arizona fans are going to get! :fear:

Boost Buffalo-it's good for you. :thumbup: ..besides they don't wear strange unis like Seattle and the Oregon Ducks!

I set up a punchline on Facebook:

What do get when you cross the Seattle Seahawks with the U of Oregon Ducks?

Ten points for the first correct answer.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

At least it wasn't snowing in Buffalo.