Games

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Luenz

Games

Post by Luenz »

HI,

what other Games do you all play beside Links?

At the moment I'm playing a lot OOTP 23 (MLB Dodgers and Perfect Team)

Waiting/Hoping for Franchise Hockey Manager 09 (not playing 08)

Other Games (no Priority):

- Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3 & 4
- Master of Magic
- Master of Orion
- Titan Quest
- Grim Dawn
- Field of Glory II (Ancient and Medieval)
- Kings Bounty Legends ...
- Iratus
- Darkest Dungeon
- Age of Wonders II & Shadowmagic
- Panzer Corps
- Hard West
Danny D

Re: Games

Post by Danny D »

Luenz wrote: October 28th, 2022, 7:53 pm HI,

what other Games do you all play beside Links?
Hi Luenz

Train Simulator...
MS Flight Simulator...
American & European Truck Simulator...
NOLF (occasionally)...
Far Cry 2...
3 old popular Road Rally Racing Games...

If I had to give all of them up except 1, I would keep Far Cry 2...

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Dan
I enjoyed the original Far Cry but just couldn't get into Far Cry 2. Far Cry 3 was the pick of them for me, luv that game.

Played just about the entire Call of Duty series, Modern Warefare 2 being the one I enjoyed most

Then there is...
Ghost Recon
Banished
Farm simulator
Napoleon total war
F1 2013
Arma series
Comand and conquer series

Back in the day I enjoyed the monkey island series and secret weapons of the luftwaffe....to name a couple
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Hi Duck Hook,

Monkey Island - Secret of... and LeChucks Revenge- are on my HDD.
Will soon start playing the new Version. Played the Original ones after the Indyiana Jones Adventures back in the days.

Derek
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hi Derek, I have the special edition of monkney island on my HDD. I also remember the Indiana Jones games.

There are a heap of old MS DOS games I would like to play again but could never get them to run. Strategic Simulations brought out some really cool ( for the day ) military sims in the mid to late 80's. I would really like to revisit Kampfgruppe and Mech Brigade again but it would seem impossible. Although I do have an old 386 PC mothballed but the disk drive is cactus. Seal Team was another old game I loved, set during Vietnam. Actually Vietcong is another cool vietnam era FPS.

Also does anybody remember " Myst " ? That was cool if somewhat cryptic game.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I play a lot of Cue Club 2 (FB link: https://www.facebook.com/cueclub/?ref=page_internal), which I highly recommend. Other than that, not too many games nowadays, though I still have the 1999 version of Unreal Tournament (GOTY) installed. I play that now and then mostly because I made/edited some of the levels. Plus some chess games.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

FOOOOORE! wrote: October 29th, 2022, 2:47 am I play a lot of Cue Club 2 (FB link: https://www.facebook.com/cueclub/?ref=page_internal), which I highly recommend. Other than that, not too many games nowadays, though I still have the 1999 version of Unreal Tournament (GOTY) installed. I play that now and then mostly because I made/edited some of the levels. Plus some chess games.
I forgot I have Virtual Pool 4. :oops: I haven't played it for a couple of years though. Do you find Cue Club 2 any better than VP 4?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I play almost exclusively First Person Shooters. I have played 3D person but prefer 1st person. I used to play racing games but don't have the utilities ( driving wheel and foot pedals ). Besides I love killing bad guys. LOL

Sage....... :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote: October 29th, 2022, 3:01 am I forgot I have Virtual Pool 4. :oops: I haven't played it for a couple of years though. Do you find Cue Club 2 any better than VP 4?

Dan
Absolutely! And I have played both. The thing with CueClub2 is they come out with an upgrade about once a month, followed by 2-3 'fixes'. They actually respond to suggestions and criticisms, which I haven't experienced with any other game company. I bought the 2.0 version back in 2019 (after p2p-ing the 2D 1.0 version before that), and it was like striking gold. A true pleasure to play, and always improving!
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

sagevanni wrote: October 29th, 2022, 7:51 am I play almost exclusively First Person Shooters. I have played 3D person but prefer 1st person. I used to play racing games but don't have the utilities ( driving wheel and foot pedals ). Besides I love killing bad guys. LOL

Sage....... :smile: :cheers1:
I also prefer 3D. Once you accept 2D, you're in 'spreadsheets-with-graphics' territory, as we used to say in the 70's.