Tom Watson taking a mulligan?

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Tom Watson taking a mulligan?

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Married to this woman for three months, she comes down with an "unexpected illness" (long way of saying "cancer"), so now they're ending the marriage? Isn't this where the spouse "hangs in there" and takes care of his ill partner? I did exactly that for 10 years even though the end result was obvious from the start (MS). And no, it was no fun at all, but there are some things you just do. Either this guy is as cold as a rent-a-hitman, or there is a lot that's unexplained in this story:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-wats ... h-marriage

To give him the benefit of the doubt, if it's a terminal illness, they may have both decided that at his age, he'd be using up whatever he has left to keep the marriage going, and she voluntarily let him off the hook.
fiver

Re: Tom Watson taking a mulligan?

Post by fiver »

As much as I know about Tom, I suspect they both came to a mutual agreement. After the divorce, he might be a part of her final comforting time.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

That's true. I just thought it was a weird read, like there's too much information missing. It sure doesn't do him any favors.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Apparently their relationship will not change-----just the marital contract. Perhaps it's a financial decision. Lot of money involved here.