LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Ian Wells

Re: LIV

Post by Ian Wells »

I should also say, I think I am in love with Troy Mullins...... :yes:
Is it her golf swing? :dunno:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Ian :yes:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

No......

:laugh:

:cheers1:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I like Paige Spiranac, and I've never seen her swing a club :naughty:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

FOOOOORE! wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:34 am I like Paige Spiranac, and I've never seen her swing a club :naughty:

I just read Gary McCord is talking to LIV about a job. Will McCord & Feherty make a comeback?
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Soooooo, with the LIV events on the cusp of qualifying for ranking points, watch the rules be changed or the MENA tour be decertified to shut this down.... :whistle:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I'm sure Jay Monahan is in constant contact with the OWGR boys to slow-walk everything. He is displaying the same behaviour he applies to his own PGA players: "My way or the highway". I have also read that many PGA players are waiting until the end of this calendar year to see what their OWGR ranking is. If it's high enough, they can jump to LIV and theoretically qualify to play in the four majors for one, maybe two years, even if they accumulate no more points playing with LIV -- unless the rules are changed by those who run the majors.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

The shame with those who run golf is that it is too much of an old boys club, everyone greasing each others pockets. The same curse that has plagued most golf clubs over the years. The same suits continue on their merry way never realising their attitude and resistance to change or something different is killing the game.
dko

Post by dko »

Change "LIV" to "LXXII" and then maybe we've got something.
Doug
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

dko wrote: October 15th, 2022, 5:46 am Change "LIV" to "LXXII" and then maybe we've got something.
lol. And this is exactly my point......

:cheers1:
T
dko

Post by dko »

While I may be pushing my luck, I had another thought.

Back when I was still working and physically able to play golf for real, I would play in supplier/company/municipality outings. They were always shotgun starts with foursomes, often with two groups assigned to many if not all of the holes (up to 144 golfers! sound familiar?)

Of course, there were beer carts, alot of rowdiness and many, many errant shots, so waiting from hole to hole wasn't a big deal.

This could be another "innovation" by the new tour (shorts alone are a little weak, Phil.)
Doug