LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Re: LIV

Post by FOOOOORE! »

GoBucks wrote: August 10th, 2022, 11:54 am He hasn't joined LIV, or played in one of their events. At this point, he's still a member of the PGA Tour and eligible to play in Tour events.
Interesting, all the stories I read yesterday about him joining LIV, and the payment, seem to have disappeared. And no mention of Leishman anymore. It looks like some reporters are jumping the gun just to make things more exciting. The closest thing I see about him joining LIV is in this story, but he may be just postponing it until the FedEx playoffs are finished. Meanwhile, McIlroy continues to be Monahan's personal spokesman; eventually I think he'll wish he'd let Monahan do all the talking.

https://golf.com/news/cam-smith-stonewa ... -liv-golf/
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

lol. World number 1 dickhead carrying on like a total fuckwit.....hahahaha How typical.....

( to be clear, I was referencing scheffler )
Last edited by Duck Hook on August 12th, 2022, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

McIlroy showed us all what he's made of when we found out how he broke up with that girlfriend way back. I've had no reason to change my assessment of him since then. I love when his head stops bobbing up and down, then you know things aren't going well out on the course.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Arnie and Jack would take the same position as Rory. That's enough for me. :yes:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Pro golf is not what it used to be and will never be the same........................

Sage....... :sad:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Todd,
I like that word.........."fuckwit".......LMAO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Kunkleman wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:52 am Arnie and Jack would take the same position as Rory. That's enough for me. :yes:
I'm sure Jack probably has. The difference is he's keeping his mouth shut.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

FOOOOORE! wrote: August 12th, 2022, 1:05 pm
Kunkleman wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:52 am Arnie and Jack would take the same position as Rory. That's enough for me. :yes:
I'm sure Jack probably has. The difference is he's keeping his mouth shut.
I'm curious. Why shouldn't the active members of the tour voice their opinions? After all, they're the ones being sued by 10 members of LIV. I'm also curious as to why only ten are named in the suit (Carlos Ortiz bailed after the judge's ruling on the TRO).

And Jack had a few words to say prior to the Open Championship and, I'm pretty sure, the Memorial.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Probably the reason Rory is so vocal with his feelings on LIV is because he is serves on the PGA TOUR's Policy Board and he was elected to the PGA TOUR Player Advisory Council Chairman in 2021.

Ian
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

GoBucks wrote: August 12th, 2022, 2:37 pm I'm curious. Why shouldn't the active members of the tour voice their opinions? After all, they're the ones being sued by 10 members of LIV. I'm also curious as to why only ten are named in the suit (Carlos Ortiz bailed after the judge's ruling on the TRO).

And Jack had a few words to say prior to the Open Championship and, I'm pretty sure, the Memorial.
Because almost everything anyone has to say about it is pouring gasoline on the fire. Monahan should be doing all the talking, it's basically his fight. But he seems content to let the players do it for him. The key is "a few words". Jack's not constantly mouthing off like McIlroy, who [sadly :laugh: ] has missed the cut this week. And also Horschel, another guy who's always got something to say. Maybe if they'd concentrated on playing golf a bit more. Meanwhile Cam Smith has moved into a tie for 5th :thumbup: I guarantee that next season the PGA will have a totally different look.