Elon Musks Starlink service!

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Danny D

Elon Musks Starlink service!

Post by Danny D »

Hi group...

It finally happened! I received my confirmation today that I will be receiving my Starlink equipment within 7 days. WOOHOO!! :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :clapping: :yes:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Titus

Re: Elon Musks Starlink service!

Post by Titus »

🚀 :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Titus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:23 am🚀 :thumbup:
That's right Titus! I'm all signed up to "Rocketman, burnin' out his fuse up here alone". :smile:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Thanks for posting this. Please feel free to let us know what you think after it's installed. I have a shipmate in rural Maine who hasn't been on the Internet for 15 years, it would be nice to connect with him again.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

There's some very funny videos on YouTube of farmers in very remote parts of America zooming around on their tractors with their phones in hand comparing dl speeds on various parts on their land with big smiles....well done Elon I say....Elon continues to shake up the world..Jeff Bezos probably getting a little worried I'd say lol....
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

How's it working so far Dan (or anyone else using it)? Stability ok?
Finished main APCD Projects: Amedal (own design), Nine Bridges (real course)
Other: Austin, Kauri Cliffs HD. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:14 pm How's it working so far Dan (or anyone else using it)? Stability ok?
So far, so good Adelade. I have a perfect unobstructed view of the sky from the top of my house, and have not experienced any interruptions in service. It took a while to get it installed because, due to my health, I can't do any of the work and had to rely on my brother to come over when he had time. But it's set up now and has been working great for the past 3 weeks. My speeds are nothing at all like I've seen on YouTube. They range from around 30Mbps to 100Mbps down, and 6 to 20 Mbps up. I have only been using the WiFi router that came with it so far, but will soon be switching over to an Ethernet adapter so I can use my existing router and network, which should give me some better speeds. For now I have been testing it for stability, and have no problems or complaints. If it continues to run smoothly, In a couple of weeks I'll be cancelling my current Internet provider and using Starlink full time.

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I've removed all the off topic stuff from this thread. :rules: