Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.

Intel Integrated DriverGoto page 1, 2, 3  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  
Sheldond

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Pardon my computer ignorance. My graphics when playing Links golf is very poor.

My Default Monitor reads: Intel 82865G Graphics Controller.

My question is, can I buy a video card for this system, and if so, what should I buy?

Thanks, in advance, for your help. Any suggestions short of blowing up the whole computer would be greatly appreciated.

Rehit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

we need to know what system you have, and what slots may be available on your motherboard.
if you are lucky, you will have a pci-express slot.
we can assist you futher with some details...

apcd-courses.com
Leader of the "clique"
always Rehit
Sheldond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Video, or Graphic Card, for Intel? Reply with quote

Rehit,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try and get answers to your questions this evening.

Fuzzrocket

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

I also have an Intel Integrated graphics controller 82865G in my Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP. I took the advice from CCarncross from the forum to install an older version of my driver and all works great now. I used the 7/22/2003 version from Intel. The problem that I was having is what I have been reading all throughout the forum - golfer animation either shadowed or missing and no flag or ball display on the overhead view. I'm so happy now. Thumb Up

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=1044&DwnldID=6455&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows* XP Professional&lang=eng

Sheldond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Video, or Graphic Card, for Intel? Reply with quote

Fuzzrocket,

Thank you, thank you!!!

I followed your advice and everything is working well. No disappearing golfer, no trees on the greens, etc. What a difference.

I really appreciate your help, and the help that CCarncross gave to you.

Mailman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Can this be stickied along with a possible title change? ("Intel Integrated graphics driver" would get my vote Thumb Up )

I really am a Mailman IRL - http://www.boyntonbeach.com/history/mailman/
Andy Scott
Sheldond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Video, or Graphic Card, for Intel? Reply with quote

I guess I spoke too soon.

After playing a few rounds last night with everything running well, I loaded up Links and my computer went back to disappearing balls, missing golfer heads, etc.

I think my computer has a mind of its own, or is telling me to go outside and play real golf.

Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Did you install the older driver over the one that was giving you problems if so do a complete uninstall and put the old driver back.

Sheldond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Daniel,

I followed your advice and the game works well no disappearing balls, etc.

I am not a computer expect, but do you think the computer automatically changes my system to the newer version, and if so, can I stop it from doing this in the future?

Thanks for your help, and the help that others are giving me on this post.

Fuzzrocket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Sheldond,

Your problem is your computer is setup to accept automatic updates. Your system recognizes that there is a newer video driver available and then downloads and installed the upgraded driver. You will need to turn off your automatic updates to prevent this from happening, otherwise you will have to keep reinstalling the older driver.

Hope this help,
Fuzzrocket

skunkle333

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: fuzzrocket Reply with quote

Never noticed this thread before.

Now you have me wondering cautiously as to whether this old
driver will work. Maybe that's what happened last time before my crash in that the game wouldn't work all of a sudden.

Paranoid though as to why it would crash my whole system unless something else in the background was also at fault.

I'm tempted. I dl the file you listed. Hmmm...what to do?

Adjust accordingly...
Today is the first day of the REST OF YOUR LIFE...
gibby

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

I would not turn off updates, just go in and change the setting to be (download updates for me but let me chose when to install) Then when updates are there open them up and make sure you don't install the new driver from Dell

phodg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

I never got any of the above to work, so I decided to play the game with the weird graphics and live with it. Then I downloaded the latest Intel drivers last night (win2k_xp1424.exe). Started the game tonight and it works perfectly. Weird.

skunkle333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

phodg...

I wonder those are really new drivers...like in the last week or two.

If they are newer than the one's available back in the same thread...(May, 06) I might go ahead and give them a whirl just in case they are even better than the old ones.

Did they give a date as to when they became available?

Just curious.

But even with the old one's the game is great!!!!!! I'm just one of the many those great guys helped. Still purring!!

Adjust accordingly...
Today is the first day of the REST OF YOUR LIFE...
phodg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

That's Sods Law in action. Not two weeks ago, I bought a halfway-decent graphics card because I was sick of disappearing heads.

Then Intel go and release an updated driver to repair it. Ranting

Makes you sick, dunnit?

B

JRS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

So, having just downloaded Links 2003, I see this thread with exactly the problems i am having, and think superb!

Followed the link, realised I have an 82845G chipset, navigate to that, and it's no longer supported Sad

I can't seem to find any older drivers (which was a workaround mentioned earlier in the thread) suitable for this chipset and XP - anybody found anything else that I might be able to do to get rid of the random trees/bushes on the greens? (the rest I can work around/easily ignore)

Help

Rehit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=865&OSFullName=Windows

Yes

apcd-courses.com
Leader of the "clique"
always Rehit
JRS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

Rehit wrote:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=865&OSFullName=Windows

Yes

Thanks for the quick reply - I reread my post and I got vagueness down perfectly! What I should have said was I have the drivers from 28/6/05, but can;t find any older drivers than this that are compatible with XP.

As I only dl'd these files a few months back, and one of the earlier posts said that older drivers actually worked better in some cases, I tried rolling back the driver through the control panel display section, but there were a lot of files missing. Earlier today I tried the ME drivers from the above link, but it's fair to say that didn't work too well either!

Hopefully I've explained myself properly this time - is it a case of just having to live with trees and bushes on the green?

Rehit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Intel Integrated Driver Reply with quote

at the bottom of the page i posted first is a link to previously released drivers...
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=&strTypes=all&ProductID=865&OSFullName=&lang=eng&sType=prev

apcd-courses.com
Leader of the "clique"
always Rehit
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.