Please support Links Corner    

A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom. ~ Henry Beard

Graphics View older topic :: View newer topic  
mashie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

Just installed Links on Win 10 with a NVidia GTX 1060 card. Comparing that to Links I'm running on XP with an older Nvidia GT430. The older card is producing much sharper detail than the newer card. Is that just a function of the monitor or are there settings in NVidia that will improve this .

Adelade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

-Are you 100% sure the Nvidia card is actually active instead of the other one? There are ways to check, a resource manager that picks up activity on the card, maybe can see in the normal Task Manager too.
-Make sure your graphics settings in game are the same, at least the quality slider, that one has a pretty big affect.
-Effective game resolution and monitor size should matter a good bit too. If its a really big monitor for example. Do you know the monitors resolution?
-Try Nvidia Control Panel, specific settings for Links, I think I remember reading stuff about some setting not working great in Links, cant remember if it was anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering but I decided not to mess with it myself because of that. I have a feeling these settings are unlikely to be the main cause for the difference anyhow, unless you messed with similar settings on your other computer.

Is there a specific aspect of the graphics that look worse or just overall? 2d objects, textures, golfer etc.

Chad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

I have a screenshot at home showing the settings your Nvidia card should be set to for Links. I'll post that tonight, unless someone beats me to it. Thumb Up

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
mashie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
I have a screenshot at home showing the settings your Nvidia card should be set to for Links. I'll post that tonight, unless someone beats me to it. Thumb Up

That would be great.

Chad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

Nvidia setting for Links

[/url]

mashie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

Thank you. I changed a couple of my settings and match pretty close with these you posted.

Chad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

You bet.
The settings below what you see do not need to be modified.

Adelade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

Did it make the difference? (Also, are you using the dgVoodoo2 or not?)

mashie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Graphics Reply with quote

The settings definitely made a difference, mainly the 16x anisitropic filtering. I had installed the Voodoo before I was connected to the Video card so I'm not sure if it was necessary or not. In any case, everything looks great now.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon